Error Messages During Demo Content Import
You've followed the steps to import your demo content, yet you're seeing an error message! UGH!
First thing's first: this is totally normal.
Reasons you may see this include:
- The content importer is being finicky, which is actually quite common.
- You don't have the plugin needed for the import type (i.e. if you don't have WooCommerce activated, you'll see these errors for any of the products included in the demo content).
- A slow server (especially true if you're seeing Error 0 or Error 500).
The first thing to do is try again. Make sure you refresh the page fully and give it another go!
If that doesn't work, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Import each file separately, starting with the content, then widgets, then customizer.
- Make sure you're on the latest version of PHP. You can do this by reaching out to your host and asking them "please update my website to the latest PHP." They'll do this for you for free!
- Submit a support ticket! If you've tried all the above and still can't get the demo content imported, please reach out. I'm happy to help!